Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Fan Review: Obsolete World

Good afternoon Everyone! Here I am doing another fan review. This time it won't be just an item but an entire shop that I've come across 
at Etsy.com. This review is very exciting for me to do because the artist lives right here in Portland. Soooo... onto the review for

Obsolete World


This artist caught my eye a while ago but I decided to do a review because I keep going back again and again to view the work. The artist renders her works using "watercolor, charcoal, pastel and ink". She sells mostly prints in her Etsy shop but also has her own website and blog

Her work is incredibly beautiful but it has a sadness to it that makes you ache when you view it. Most of her works depict otherworldly creatures in isolated or just plain bad situations but always with an overall feel of whimsy.

All the pieces at Obsolete World are completely unique, however if I had to compare them to something that is pre-existing I would say it is a mix of Brian Froud and Tim Burton in watercolors. 

This shop is an absolute must-see for the angsty romantic in all of us! Please go by and pay her a visit. (All the links are above)



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and great article..will be hearting this shop..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Yeah, I've been pretty enamoured with her work for a while...

    ReplyDelete